Thursday 21 February 2013

TEC: The Eastgate Chronicles Roadblock #1

So, I was incredibly excited to start working on the game.  I dutifully went to Oracle to download the Java SE Development Kit and got this:



Great.  Blocked before I'm even out of the (East)gate.  After some digging, this is what I've learned:
  • I am not the owner of a 64-bit capable Intel-based computer.
  • My OS is not supported by the latest JDK update.  Actually, it hasn't been supported by the last several updates.
  • I am Rip Van Winkel and I've just woken up.  Are there hovercars, yet?
OK [deep breath].  I knew this wasn't going to be easy.  Take 2...


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dread Wolf's Lover

Of course Tala will try to redeem him. As if you had to ask. "Tala sometimes came awake from dreams in which her lover wa...