Sunday 28 December 2014

Second Letter to Solas

So, after completing DA:I, I visited Cole one last time.

“I’m sorry, Cole, but with your gift, I fear that you will see the path I now must walk in solitude forever. This fate is mine alone. Indeed, I would not wish it on an enemy, much less someone that I once cared for. Though you reach out in compassion, I must now insist that you forget. I-I'm...Wha-What were we talking about? I'm ready to help people when you are.”

Once

Once, the only certainty I knew was your hand on the small of my back, the quickening of my pulse as lips brushed belly and breast, your soft, regular breathing as you dreamt beside me: I was yours.

Once, I believed we would walk all the paths of this world and the other together and I was unafraid because you were mine.

Then I heard you say in another’s voice: once and since, have known nothing.

-A crumpled, ink-smudged missive found in a locked box thought to belong to Inquisitor Lavellan

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dread Wolf's Lover

Of course Tala will try to redeem him. As if you had to ask. "Tala sometimes came awake from dreams in which her lover wa...