Wednesday 7 January 2015

Third Letter to Solas: The Memory of Fire

Cullen's much easier to love, but Solas brings back my teenage angst.

Fun Facts:
  • Cinnabar, the common ore of mercury (mercury itself, being named after the trickster Roman god), was used to make the red pigment vermilion in Roman frescoes.
  • Erasthenes mentions adding a teaspoon of cinnabar to a lit burner in the Shrine of Dumat during the quest, "Under Her Skin".

    The Memory of Fire

    When you left, I pressed cheek and palm to cool plaster, my way lit by veilfire, searching for some secret trace of you. But your brushstrokes were invisible, as the paths your cinnabar-stained fingertips traced on my skin, turned gold by evening firelight.

    Even yet your touch transforms me, changing the topography of my body in a thousand subtle ways, and though you never intended it, two hearts shall beat together once more.

    -A yellowed note found in the cracked stonework of an unfinished Skyhold fresco

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    The Dread Wolf's Lover

    Of course Tala will try to redeem him. As if you had to ask. "Tala sometimes came awake from dreams in which her lover wa...